XpertHR came up with 11 issues that relate to HR in today’s world. http://www.xperthr.com/pages/11-scariest-issues-employers-face-in-2014/
Explore the following 2014 issues and what an employer should do about each:
1. Handling Medical (and, Yes, Recreational) Marijuana Use
2. Same-Sex Marriage
3. Technology in the Workplace
4. Healthcare Reform
5. Immigration and Form I-9 Compliance
6. Misclassification of Independent Contractors
7. Minimum Wage and Overtime Violations
8. Curtailing Background Checks
9. Emerging Protected Classes and Curbing Workplace Discrimination
10. Employee Leaves and Reasonable Accommodations
11. Expansion of “Protected Concerted Activity”
So I’m going to take the next 11 weeks and discuss each topic, what’s important to know- and how it applies to your workplace. I would love to have your comments, thoughts, ideas, how it has worked for you, what you like about what you’re doing, and what you would like to see improved.
InformedHR- the best way to be!